To ensure that all mechanical handling equipment is safely and effectively maintained and operated in accordance with expectations, regulatory and other relevant codes and standards. To assist, where competent, other team members in the safe and efficient operation of the CPP. Carry out crane lifts from sea going vessels and on board transfers and support Helicopter operations
Reporting to the Deck Foreman, accountabilities include:
• Maintain integrity and perform safe and first line maintenance and operation of all crane and lifting systems and equipment in accordance with established procedures.
• Transfer personnel to/from supply vessel by crane.
• Responsible for cargo offload, cargo backload transfers and movement of cargo around deck on CPP and wellhead platform.
• Effective planning, coordination and communication of daily mechanical handling activities.
• Organize rigging loft and working at height equipment’s maintenance, inspection works follow procedures and regulations.
• Adherence to permit to work system while carrying out all activities.
• Follow all relevant rules and procedures, respond quickly and effectively to problems / breakdowns
• Being a member of the emergency response team.
• Backup role of Heli Landing Officer for deck foreman on helicopter operation.
• Perform other general purpose activities as directed by maintenance supervisor/deck foreman.
Progress competency as per Personal Assessment Record (PAR) in Casys.
• Crane Operators’ Certificate.
• 5-7 years related experience in an industrial mechanical handling environment (preferably in the offshore or vessel to vessel crane transfers) in competent crane operator role.
• Working knowledge of regulatory and industry codes applicable to the mechanical handling discipline
• Operations and maintenance knowledge of related mechanical handling fixed or portable equipment
• Experience with the operations and maintenance of offshore cranes.
• Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to environmental health and safety issues
• Ability to understand and react with diverse offshore / onshore groups and operations.
Ability to communicate by English