Direct the movement and placing of loads using appropriate hand and radio communication techniques The General Purpose (GP) Operator/Painter will exhibit a high standard of safety behavior and will ensure that all aspects of shipboard maintenance, rigging, slinging, storage, Chipping, painting, housekeeping, and general duties are carried out safely and effectively.
The GP Operator/Painter has authority to carry out shipboard maintenance under the direction of the Bosun/ Mech Tech. The GP operator will ensure the safety of himself, team members, visitors and subcontractors within the limits of his responsibility.
Accountable For: Typical Responsibilities & Standards
1) Develop And Maintain Effective Working Relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and visitors to the working environment
- Establish and maintain effective communications with colleagues and supervisors
- Carry out accurate and effective work handovers
2) Conduct Slinging and Rigging Operations
- Check preparation of loads for lifting. (Load is secure and stable.)
- Use various lifting items (plate clamps, barrel lifters chain hoists etc).
- Perform bundling and slinging of ‘simple’ and awkward loads
- Maintain slinging equipment (slings, hooks, webbing plate clamps, barrel lifters chain hoists etc)
3) Perform Effective Signaling/Communications
- Direct the movement and placing of loads using appropriate hand and radio communication techniques
- Rig, sling and position blind load using appropriate hand signals
- Rig, sling and position blind load using radio communications
4) Perform Preparation And Cleaning Of Equipment For Maintenance Or Coating
- Prepare site for abrasive blasting and clean surfaces using abrasive tools
- Paint or coat the worksite using correct colours, paints or protective coatings
- Examine portable power and hand tools before and after use reporting any defects immediately
- Restore the worksite after cleaning and coating
5) Contribute to The Health and Safety of the Working Environment
- Work area within your own responsibility is kept clean and free of hazards
- Positive action is taken to stop hazards and unsafe behavior
- Alarms are raised as appropriate and/or acted upon using applied policies and procedures or initiative
- All potential and actual incidents are reported to the relevant supervisor
- Record maintenance activities and report defects immediately and effectively
6) Monitor And Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Controlled process or utility discharges from area of responsibility to the environment are within prescribed limits
- Unplanned discharges are identified, halted where possible, and reported according to MS guidelines
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are segregated properly and dealt with according to the correct procedure
7) Perform Emergency Response Role
- Carry out Emergency Response role.
- Demonstrate competence during ER drills and exercises
- Develop And Maintain Effective Working Relationships
- Perform Preparation And Cleaning Of Equipment For Maintenance Or Coating
- Contribute to The Health and Safety of the Working Environment
- Monitor And Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Carry Out Emergency Response Role
Pre-hire Qualifications and Experience: Operators.
- Able Bodied Seaman or equivalent in sea time.
- Over 2 years’ experience in a deck capacity in the offshore or shipping industries.
- Certificates required:
- Graduated from Vocational College (Vocational Qualification for Deck GPO/GPO Maint.);
- STCW certs: Basic training per IMO, Medical first aid and medical care, Basic Fire Fighting, Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats, Ship Security awareness, Oil Tanker Familiazation;
- Having certs: Basic Scaffolding (Level 1) & Fire Team Member required; T-BOSIET/FOET, Confined space entry & Normal Passport (Issued by Immigration Department) required for all (Deck GPO, GPO Maint.)
- Personal: Conscientious. Safe. Capable of positive action and performance.
- Leadership: Good level of teamwork and safety behavior. Sufficient ability in written and spoken communication in English language to enable safe work handovers and Emergency Response.
- Technical: Appropriate standard of technical and safety knowledge as defined by competences.
Công ty TNHH Minh Việt
|Số điện thoại:
Minh Viet is a reliable HR & Fabrication Contractor in Vietnam Oil & Gas, Petrochemical/ Refinery, Power Generations, Construction Projects, and Industrial Plants.