To ensure that the instrumentation/ control equipment is safely and effectively maintained in accordance with CPP expectations, Regulatory and other relevant codes and standards. To assist other team members, where competent, in the safe and efficient operation of the CPP.
Report to the Instrument Lead Technician, accountabilities include:
• Maintain integrity and perform safe and efficient maintenance of all instrumentation & control systems and equipment in accordance with established procedures.
• Effective planning, coordination and communication of daily instrumentation maintenance activities.
• Understand and follow all rules and procedures.
• Report all hazardous conditions, near misses and accidents.
• Demonstrate the culture that no job is so routine or urgent that it cannot be done safely.
• Adherence to Control of Work system while carrying out all activities.
• Respond quickly and effectively to problems / breakdowns.
• Gathering of data in support of equipment condition monitoring.
• Willingness and flexibility to be trained in all aspects of CPP operations and wellhead platform.
• Willingness to train and be part of an offshore emergency response team.
Progress competency assessment as per Personal Assessment Record (PAR) in Casys.
• Instrumentation & control system Technologist Certification.
• 5 years related experience in an industrial environment (preferably in the offshore or petrochemical / refinery industry).
• Working knowledge of regulatory and industry codes applicable to the instrumentation discipline.
• In depth knowledge of calibration, installation and repair of electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and systems.
• Working knowledge of PLC, Emergency Control Systems, Fire & Gas and Distributed Control Systems. Emphasis on computer / software equipment.
• Familiar with the application of computerized maintenance management systems.
• Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to environmental health and safety issues.
• Effective communication skills (written, oral) and computer.
• Ability to understand and react with diverse offshore / onshore groups and operations.
Proficient in English both written and verbal.