Organize Import/Export and movement of material, supplies and assets in/out of Country. The primary objective would be to organize and track consolidated importation and to expedite shipment and custom clearance activities to meet operational needs, while taking into account overall shipment and clearance cost.
Reports to Country Supply Chain Manager and maintains a close working relationship with the following;
- Logistics Control Tower
- Product Lines
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Be Internal customer’s focal point of contact for all Logistics related matters.
- Provide timely information/ updates to internal customers
- Analyze import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard.,
- Responsible to have Import and export systems updated as needed or locally defined in the country including data and document storage where necessary.
- Responsible to analyze customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where necessary to reduce cost of imports and exports.
- Responsible and accountable for performance factors related to SLA in the country.
- Comply with customs requirements/ SLB Trade Control Policies in countries where SLB operates and keep regulatory exposure to a minimum in terms of risks, tax and costs: regularly conduct self-audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations. Special attention should be given to Dangerous and/or controlled items requirements.
- Keep all regulatory documents in proper filing as per country and SLB retention policies
- Ensure, verify & communicate all necessary documentation to Customs Clearing agent
- Verify Cargo requests from Operations, and ensure timely transmittal to International Logistics Specialist
- Manage day to day customs brokers operations and ensure performance are monitored targeting a lead and cost reductions.
- Deal with customs and local authorities for day to day operational issues.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied in to all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self-audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in proper filing, maintenance, and retention
- Manage day to day customs and Trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance standard.
- Act as a customs knowledge holder for local organization in the country.
- Maintain the temporary import list and ensure that temporary import process is properly followed-up until the equipment is exported.
- Logistics Provider Performance Management – To run and manage LP KPI and Performance Management meetings. Ensure continuous improvement activities are identified and managed. Scope includes contractual, regulatory and QHSE compliance of the LP.
- Attend local import and export training programs with local authorities focusing to improve knowledge.
- Report and investigate any process deviation to ensure continuous improvement on service quality
- Ensure all customs files are closed within regulatory time frame, and escalate as necessary
- Other duties as assigned