This role requires good organizational/coordination skills. Direct contact with the client and vendors
will be necessary. The principle role of the Marine Engineer is to:
1. Review of Marine Engineering Contractor’s technical deliverables, technical queries and deviation requests and work for an optimized solution in the Company’s interest.
2. Review of Marine Package Vendor’s technical deliverables and queries.
3. Ensure that our Contractors meet the contractual and technical requirements related to
marine engineering discipline.
4. Assist in development and consolidation of marine‐discipline engineering lists
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
| Identifying and communicating the marine engineering requirements in accordance with the legal obligations, contract terms, scope of work, technical requirements and company policy.
| Working closely with the engineering team, managing and reviewing technical deliverables from engineering contractor and package vendor deliverables with regards to technical requirements.
| Achieving resolution of multi‐discipline equipment problems by coordinating with other discipline engineers and project engineering management team.
| Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging methodology improvements; and absorbing new practices from clients and partners.
| Engineering problem solving and troubleshooting, even when not directly in own discipline (taking a holistic approach to the project).
| Coordinate discipline issues between client, contractors, vendors and any other relevant parties.
| Review and comment on Contractors/Vendors specifications, datasheets, and drawings.
| Inter‐discipline review of documents and drawings.
| Conduct inspections and attend Factory Acceptance Tests.
| Follow documented work instructions and procedures.
| Preparation of discipline documentation including specifications, requisitions, datasheets, philosophies and equipment list.
| Undertake technical bid evaluation of bids for technical compliance including recommendation relating to the selection of bidders.
| Other tasks as requested by the Project Engineering Team.
- Commercial Focus:
- Must be focused on achieving timely and cost‐effective results for the project and company.
- Shall be able to converse with clients and respond to their queries while protecting the interests of the company.
- Shall be able to converse with and respond to Contractor’s queries while protecting the interests of the Company.
- Shall be able to identify and react to changes in Company’s contractual scope of work.
- Maintain close working relationship with other discipline engineers and package managers.
- Functional Know‐How:
- Shall have a good technical knowledge of discipline‐specific codes and standards, Classification Society Rules, ships marine machinery and systems and be able to converse effectively with experts of all disciplines.
- Good working knowledge of marine systems and marine equipment.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Able to work effectively with the project teams, achieve a good working relationship and act in the interests of the
company at all times.
- Communication & Influence:
- Shall have excellent verbal and written language skills.
- Able to effectively communicate, coordinate and interface with other disciplines, client, and contractors and ensure that all communications are as per project procedures.
Analysis & Problem Solving: Shall be able to quickly identify problems and coordinate
Accountability for Results:
- Shall be self‐motivated, proactive and able to take responsibility for own actions.
- Make good technical decisions and ensure that solutions are properly implemented.
Shall be committed to developing own skill base but also
providing support to other people within the company’s
Qualifications: Degree qualified in a technical
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of marine engineering on FPSO projects
- 8 ‐ 10 years’ experience in the relevant discipline
- Good use of Word and Excel
- Able to review & comment on deliverables from contractor’s
Công ty TNHH Minh Việt
|Số điện thoại:
Minh Viet is a reliable HR & Fabrication Contractor in Vietnam Oil & Gas, Petrochemical/ Refinery, Power Generations, Construction Projects, and Industrial Plants.