Purpose of the position
— This position is responsible for supporting Head & Sales & Marketing in providing the strategic direction and
leadership to the marketing organization, focusing on Merchant (Bulk & PGP) and Electronics Special gases
(if applicable) segments while supporting the Onsite businesses so as to deliver the country’s overall profit &
loss (P&L) and other business/financial targets.
— This is role with a responsibility to follow and maintain a high performance sales & marketing organization to deliver value to our chosen customers and as a result, effectively meet if not exceed short term annual budgets and long term growth targets through a disciplined and focused execution of sustainable
sales/growth strategies and long term investment plan.
— This role will be also accountable for the smooth operation and collaboration of cross functional teams within the country to deliver our product service offerings to our customers.
This position has the following performance areas or areas of responsibility which include but are not limited to:
• Country Profit & Loss (Sales, Cost & OP)
— Supporting Head of Sale & Marketing in accountability for the successful delivery of the P&L for Bulk, PGP &
Electronics (Electronics Specialty Gases, Total Gas & Chemical Management), if any.
— Coordinating with On-sites in order to drive the overall delivery of the country sales & operating profits (OP)targets.
— Supporting Head of Sale & Marketing to drive relationship between customers and Linde, and business
expansion (sales penetration) and scope of partnership with major or key strategic accounts through the fronting of one Linde and in delivering a total gas solution strategy, meeting all gas requirements in different packages (pipeline, liquid, cylinders) to maximize “wallet share” for the Linde Group.
— Supporting to drive resource/capex allocation, budget (annual & mid-term plans) & targets/KPIs (sales, cost, OP, pricing, DSO etc…) setting in agreement with country Head of Sales & Marketing.
— Prioritize and drive application development across all market sectors of manufacturing, metals and glass, chemical and energy and food and beverage for market differentiation and to ensure a balanced customer
— Supporting to lead the identification and development of growth opportunities/projects to drive portfolio diversification / growth and meet the country’s growth / profitability targets
• Market Intelligence, Pricing, Product Management & Customer Experience
— Supporting to drive continuous understanding of the dynamic market, locally & globally, including macroeconomics, trends, competition, market sector development and customers for timely strategic business decisions.
— Develop in-depth/intimate understanding of key individual customers’ business, markets and strategies
where applicable for business leverage and growth.
— Supporting in effective pricing management and activities to capture customer value and improve pricing
performances through cost recoveries and price increases. Identify pricing opportunities and track implementation of key pricing initiatives and targets.
— Drive product management and market development for key market sectors for market share improvement
including PvD (supply-demand management), Product Service Offers (“PSO”) and commercialization of approved business cases.
— Drive strong Customer Experience via feedback loops including Customer Satisfaction Survey and Complaints Management Process etc
• SHEQ & Compliance
— Supporting to provide strong & visible leadership for the SHEQ and governance agenda including complying
to Linde standards & externally with local government agencies to maintain right to operate
• People &Organisation Development
— Supporting to drive strong collaboration across the functions (solid or dotted) to deliver our PSOs to our
customers on a timely & safe manner.
— Lead the implementation of customer management processes including Linde Pro, Pricing & Contract
Management, other best practices & key regional initiatives to drive commercial & operational excellence
• Process responsibility:
— Own the country DOA, Customer Management, Pricing & Contract Management & Commercialization processes in the country as appointed by Line Manager Internal
-Head of Country Sale & Marketing, Head of Regional Sales & Marketing, for alignment of targets/KPIs, adherence to the Group’s operating model & guidance, and support.
-Country Management Team, to align on strategies and objectives and cross functional support for day to
day implementation of tactical plans & delivery of PSOs, commercialization of approved business cases etc.
- RSE/ASEAN Regional teams, to align on regional/Group’s guidelines & best practices & for implementation support
- Customers and Prospects for relationship building, proposal or contract negotiations, issues resolution etc.
- Leaders in Key Regulatory Bodies on local governance & compliance.
- Key Industry Associations for networking and business relationship building
Required critical behaviours
— Partnership building
— Strategy delivery
— Growth drive
— Customer intimacy
— Change leadership
Required key skills (functional/technical)
- Proven performance leadership including goal setting, skill gap assessment, development and coaching
- Leadership capabilities with strong communication, analytical and conceptualization skills.
- Familiarity with working with global and regional teams.
- Excellent influencing and facilitation skills, experience in managing cross functional groups and developing
strategic relationships and networks (both internal and external).
- Good commercial skills and experience with long term gas supply contracts negotiation and thorough
knowledge of drivers of profit and loss across all business segments.
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight time schedules for delivering stretched targets.
- Financial and negotiation capabilities combined with creative problem-solving skills
- 5 years-experience in marketing with industrial gas or relevant industry such as chemical, oil & gas.
- University Degree preferably in business. Technical and engineering background a plus.
- Advanced Degree a plus (i.e. MBA or Technical), but not essential.
- Experience in working within a matrix style, cross functional, team-based environment.
- Strong experience with customer relationships development.
- Experience in leading strategy development and driving execution a plus.
- Exposure to various aspects of marketing – products, pricing, promotion.
- Good understanding in project management and experience in leading change successfully