This role requires good organizational/ coordination skills. Direct contact with the client and vendors will be necessary. The principal role of the Mechanical Engineer is to:
1. Review of Contractor’s and Vendor’s technical deliverables, technical queries and deviation requests and work for an optimized solution in the Company’s interest.
2. Ensure that our Contractors and Vendors meet the contractual and technical requirements related to mechanical engineering discipline (which include Material Handling).
3. Assist in development and consolidation of mechanical‐discipline engineering lists.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifying and communicating the mechanical engineering requirements in accordance with the legal obligations, contract terms, scope of work, technical requirements and company’s policies.
- Working closely with others in the engineering team, managing and reviewing technical deliverables from engineering contractors and package vendors’ deliverables with regards to technical requirements.
- Achieving resolution of multi‐discipline equipment problems by coordinating with other discipline engineers and project engineering management team.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging methodology improvements; and absorbing new practices from clients and partners.
- Engineering problem solving and troubleshooting, even when not directly in own discipline (taking a holistic approach to the project).
- Coordinate discipline issues between client, contractors, vendors and any other relevant parties. Review and comment on contractors/vendors’ specifications, datasheets and drawings.
- Inter‐discipline review of documents and drawings.
- Conduct inspections and attend Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Follow documented work instructions and procedures.
- Preparation of discipline documentation including specifications, requisitions, datasheets, philosophies and equipment list.
- Undertake technical bid evaluation of bids for technical compliance including recommendation relating to the selection of bidders.
- Other tasks as requested by the Project Engineering Team.
engineers and package managers.
- Must be focused on achieving timely and cost‐effective results for the project and company.
- Shall be able to converse with client and respond to their Shall be able to converse with client and respond to their
- Shall be able to converse with and respond to Contractor/Vendor queries while protecting the interests of the Company.
- Shall be able to identify and react to changes in Company’s contractual scope of work.
- Maintain close working relationship with other discipline engineers and package managers.
- Shall have a good technical knowledge on discipline‐specific codes and standards, Classification Society Rules and be able to converse effectively with experts of all disciplines.
- Good working knowledge of topsides mechanical equipment (both static and rotating).
Interpersonal Effectiveness: Able to work effectively with the project teams, achieve a good working relationship and act in the interests of the company at all times.
Communication & Influence: Shall have excellent verbal and written language skills. Able to effectively communicate, coordinate and interface with other disciplines, client and contractors and ensure that all communications are as per project procedures
Analysis & Problem Solving: Shall be able to quickly identify problems and coordinate solutions
Accountability for Results:
- Shall be self‐motivated, proactive and able to take responsibility for own actions.
- Make good technical decisions and ensure that solutions are properly implemented.
Personal Development: Shall be committed to developing own skill base but also providing support to other people within the company’s project team.
Qualifications: Degree qualified in a technical subject
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of mechanical engineering on offshore oil & gas projects (Experience of FPSO projects )
- 8 ‐ 10 years’ experience in relevant discipline
- Good use of Outlook, Word and Excel
- User of Navisworks
- Able to review & comment on deliverables from contractors & vendors
Công ty TNHH Minh Việt
|Số điện thoại:
Minh Viet is a reliable HR & Fabrication Contractor in Vietnam Oil & Gas, Petrochemical/ Refinery, Power Generations, Construction Projects, and Industrial Plants.