This role requires a broad multidisciplinary background and good organizational/coordination skills. The Package Engineer will ensure that the technical aspects and administrative requirements of the purchase orders are correct and proper, and will have the overall responsibility for the timely and efficient execution of the package delivery, in a mechanically‐complete state and according to the specification requirements. Scope of work for the package engineer is as follows:
- Provision of Material Requisitions (MR) and Supplier Data Requirement Lists (SDRL).
- With support from core engineering team, manage vendor’s proposal review and Technical Bid Clarifications (TBC) and thereafter populate Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) form.
- Coordinate communications between the technical team, procurement team.
- Management and expediting of vendor’s technical documentation.
- Coordinate the review of vendor technical documentation (discipline engineers will provide technical reviews and will be the technical authority).
- Coordination/liaison with the core engineering team to ensure that vendor documentation is fed into the design process (and vice versa).
- Monitor vendor’s project schedule, manage safety, quality, cost and initiate appropriate corrective actions when required.
- Expedite interface information on behalf of the Interface Manager and Engineering Team.
- Manage direct contact with the client and other vendors/contractors where required.
- Support Integration Team during package integration works at shipyard.
- Management of Variation Orders.
- Serve as the primary focal point for all matters related to the assigned package.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying and communicating the package management requirements in accordance with the legal obligations, contract terms, scope of work, technical requirements and company policy.
- Working closely with the engineering team, reviewing engineering deliverables and collate comments from various disciplines on vendor deliverables with regards to technical and administrative requirements.
- Achieving resolution of package problems by coordinating with discipline engineers and project management team.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging methodology improvements; and absorbing new practices from clients and partners.
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting, even when not directly in own discipline (taking a holistic approach to the project).
- Coordinate package issues between client, vendors and all relevant internal and external parties. Ensure timely delivery of the package and all documentation deliverables.
- Package close‐out and recording of lessons learned.
- Commercial Focus:
- Competent within own area of the business with a basic understanding of Company structure & employee responsibilities.
- Must be politically sensitive and able to respond to client demands while protecting and supporting project aims and objective.
- Functional Know‐How:
Implementation of (specialized) technical knowledge with sound technical understanding of appropriate discipline analysis principles and International Codes and Standards.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness:
Able to work flexibly within a team and on own initiative, in particular developing and maintaining close working relationships particular developing and maintaining close working relationships
- Communication & Influence:
- Good communicator, with the ability to influence team in order to enhance performance.
- Strong analysis and evaluation skills with a proactive approach to package problem resolution.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to respond quickly and accurately and able to provide professional representation when corresponding with client, third party inspectors and relevant authorities.
- Analysis & Problem Solving:
- Strong analysis and evaluation skills
- Proactive approach to identifying problems, with the ability to think creatively in order to provide effective solutions
- Accountability for Results:
Well organized with a positive outlook, a clear focus to achieve project targets and meet contractual requirements to clients, and to get the job done in an environment of changing priorities and challenging deadlines, to ensure quality engineering deliverables.
Personal Development: Commitment to develop experience and skills within job role and take ownership for expansion of own area of understanding and expertise.
- Qualifications: Degree qualified in a technical subject
- Skills & Experience:
- Good use of Word and Excel
- Experience of engineering on offshore oil & gas projects (Experience of FPSO projects)
- Experienced in Package Management 8 ‐ 10 years’ experience
Công ty TNHH Minh Việt
|Số điện thoại:
Minh Viet is a reliable HR & Fabrication Contractor in Vietnam Oil & Gas, Petrochemical/ Refinery, Power Generations, Construction Projects, and Industrial Plants.