Obligations: Responsibilities of Piping Engineer shall be included, but not limited to:
- Shall report to Senior or Lead Piping engineer in case any conflict in good engineering practice and project specifications
- Work as per the job assignments specified by Lead Piping Engineer as per the Project Execution Plan and Project Quality Plan.
- Preparation of piping design drawings including General Arrangement Drawings, Isometrics, supports, bill of materials.
- Review PDMS 3D modeling.
- Preparation of enquiry documents /material requisitions /technical bid analysis and purchase requisitions.
- Preparation of tender specifications, review of contractor drawings and documents.
- Work with Vendors for technical bid evaluations and technical query resolutions.
- Work with clients to resolve client comments on engineering deliverables.
- Shall evaluate the conflicts between good engineering practice and project specifications
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures. Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
- Multi-discipline review/coordination/interface. Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required
Education level: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Major in Oil & Gas Engineering is highly desired
- The piping engineer must have a good deal of responsibility and be wise to exercise caution in performing the task that he or she is assigned to do.
- The piping engineer must be able to work long hours as this may be a requirement of a particular project.
- Piping engineer must have good technical sound in all Piping design Engineering requirements, familiar with major equipment in refineries and offshore platforms.
- Has knowledge of piping material, piping layout
- Piping engineers must also have excellent communication and teamwork skills as they often find themselves working closely with other engineers and technical staff. (in English) - Application knowledge of client’s systems and programs
- Ability to accurately apply codes and regulations
- Familiar with the Corporate, National Code and international standards related to Piping engineering and Oil & Gas Engineering.
Working Experience : at least 02 years of experience in Piping and Mechanical
English level: Fluent in use.
Computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook Express, AutoCAD, Caesar II, PDMS, CAD Work...the Internet and other professional software products.
- Engineering/ Design courses and how to use professional Piping software products such as PDMS, CeasarII…
- Bidding skill
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Engineering organization and management
- Have deep understanding of professional piping field. - Have thorough understanding essential standards of engineering.
- Have a thorough understanding of relevant requirements of bidding documents and scope of work in projects. - Good working behavior and having an enquiring mind. - Have a good knowledge of regulations and laws of Company, Corporation, Group and the Vietnamese Government.