Reporting to the Camp Boss / Chief Cook, this position provides housekeeping, cleaning, porter age, food preparation, and laundry services on the Chim Sao Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) facility. Specific
Accountabilities: (Results this role is expected to accomplish)
• Reporting to the Camp Boss / Chief Cook, accountabilities include:
• Performs cleaning of all rooms and areas in.
• Provides all galley porter age duties including cleaning equipment, cutlery, crockery, glasses and general housekeeping duties.
• Performs all galley cleaning and maintenance including defrosting refrigerators, cold room and storage areas, etc.
• Performs laundry services including bedding, linens, clothing, etc.
• Conforms to all Occupational, Health, Safety and Hygiene standards.
• Participates in all training requirements to ensure duties are carried out in a competent manner
• Adheres to all housekeeping and cleaning schedules.
• Assists with unloading containers, garbage disposal, etc.
• Assist with food preparation under the direction of the Chef.
• Ensures effective equipment operation and reports defects to the Camp Boss / Chief Cook.
• Performs emergency response duties as required.
• Daily cleaning of rooms such as dusting and tiding, making of beds, changing of bed linens, towels, toilets, etc.
(Skills required to accomplish this role effectively)
• Grade XII or equivalent.
• 1 – 3 years’ experience in housekeeping and food services (preferably in offshore/remote location).
• Knowledge of safe working, food preparation practices, and housekeeping/laundry practices.
• Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest level of quality & customer service.
• Ability to meet physical demands of the role including continual standing, walking, bending and lifting of equipment and repetitive task performance.
• Willingness to take initiative and suggest improvements in services.
• Effective communication skills (oral).
• Teamwork skills/behaviors which support team based organization.
• English language skills.
• Ability to understand and react with diverse groups and operations.